Tuesday, September 22, 2009

{his hand would be hers to hold forever}





On July 3rd we went to Keith’s really good friend, Emily’s wedding. We had a wonderful time; it was one of those perfect days that was not too cold, but not too hot either. Keith hadn’t seen many of his friends for a while, so we both were having so much fun making up for lost time. The wedding was beautiful {Emily you made such an elegant bride} and dinner after was very lovely as well. By the time the music started {as many of you know I’m a light weight} I was feeling no inhibitions, so we went straight out to the dance floor…I danced all night with or without Keith {I can make a fool out of myself just as well all by myself too!…hehe} and then my favorite part of the night took place!....The bouquet toss! If any of you have ever been to a wedding with me, you know that I am always the first person on the floor to snatch that thing up! And I am totally willing to fight a 6 year for those flowers! Well all the ladies spread out on the dance floor and got ready…But the weirdest thing happened…I didn’t have to fight anyone! As soon as she tossed the bouquet everyone, but me took a few steps back and I was standing there all by myself ready to spring. I caught the “oh so powerful” wedding bouquet with ease! Evidently I was the only person unaware of their master plan! The rest of the night was full of fun and dancing, but eventually Keith had to drag me off the dance floor to go home. When we arrived at our house he made no clues about what he was going to do next to change our lives forever. In fact, all night I had no idea what was going to take place. So, we went upstairs and got ready for bed. I hopped into bed first and got all snuggled up {I was very tired from my dancing with the stars esque night.} When Keith finally came to bed he told me to turn my lamp on… I made a fatigued noise and asked why…He just asked me to turn it on again…and finally I gave in and decided to open my eyes and reach over to the lamp. I flicked it on and turned to him. I found that he was sitting crossed legged on the bed with his hands behind his back. My mind started reeling at that point…A million things went through my mind. I didn’t know if he was proposing or had something else interesting behind his back or just playing with me…I was very confused…Then he spoke. “I was going to do this tomorrow during the fireworks, but you caught the bouquet.” Oh my gosh…He is proposing! At that moment I didn’t know what to do…It was sort of a blur! I just couldn’t believe what was happening! He asked me to be with him forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment